Who We Are
The Y is the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Our members believe in us and the values we stand for—caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
YMCA AREAS OF IMPACT
Nurturing the Potential of Every Child and Teen
We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. That's why, through the Y, hundreds of youth in the Kandiyohi County area are cultivating the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors and better health.
Improving the Community's Health and Well-Being
In communities across the nation, the Y is a leading voice on health and well-being. The Y brings families closer together, encourages good health, and fosters connections through fitness, youth and adult sports, fun and shared interests. Youth, adults and families in the Kandiyohi County area are receiving the support, guidance and resources needed to achieve greater health and well-being for their spirit, mind and body.
Giving Back and Providing Support to our Community
Through the Y, hundreds of volunteers and donors, leaders and partners across the Kandiyohi County area are empowering thousands of people in our community to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
- Two Group Exercise Studios – most classes are free with membership!
- Treadmills, ellipticals, all-motion trainers, and stationary bicycles
- Strength training equipment
- Free weights
- Walking/running Track
- Extended Hours access option
- Basketball, Pickle Ball, Volleyball and more!
- Racquetball, Handball and Wallyball!
- Adult and youth sports leagues and programs
- Zero depth family pool complete with water slide and water features
- 25 yard recreational pool with 4 lap swimming lanes
- Free water fitness classes
- Family Locker Rooms for individuals with disabilities, families or members and guests who may not be comfortable changing in a group environment.
- Women's and Men's Locker Rooms for members and guests
Take full advantage of your membership by using our child watch services. Attend a group fitness class, swim or walk with a friend while our experienced caregivers take care of your children.
- Child Watch is available for kids from 3 months to 9 years
- Children may stay up to 2 hours per day
Meeting rooms are available for rent. Covid restrictions apply.
The YMCA offers full time childcare at our Early Learning Centers. Willmar & Spicer locations available.
- Infants, Toddlers, Pre-School & Kindergarten Readiness
- 4 Star Parent Aware rated.
- Child friendly playgrounds